Light Up Lakewood | Holiday
LAKEWOOD, OH - Detroit Avenue will be transformed into Lakewood’s own Winter Wonderland for the Sixth Annual Light Up Lakewood Festival on Saturday, December 1 from 4:00 -8:00 pm.
- Winter Parade from Manor Park to Arthur beginning at 5:00 PM.
- Lighting ceremony in front of Lakewood Hospital on Detroit Avenue
- Musical entertainment by choirs and bands from Lakewood public schools, Lakewood Catholic Academy, and dance performances by Silhouette Dance & Fine Art;
- Children’s activities, story time, visits with Santa and a “kids-only” shopping opportunity at a “Twigbee-style” shop at Lakewood Library;
- A family favorite movie shown on the outside Lakewood Public Library wall;
- Street performers along Detroit Avenue, including the St. Edward Trash Talkers and the St. Ignatius High School Circus Company, Bernese Mountain Dogs and Siberian Husky Sled Dogs;
- Participate in “Christmas Carol Karaoke”;
- Mobile video game truck sure to appeal to those middle school kids, who will have100+ games to choose from with 20 kids participating at a time, in and outside the trailer;
- Street hockey, Ice carvings and pictures with holiday characters including “Buddy the Elf” and the “Grinch”
Visit http://www.lightuplakewood.com/ for a complete listing of events.